Unit 12 Power Point
Unit 12 Study Tools
Unit 12 Super Hero / Villain Project
Power point with rubrics on project:
How to use Glogster:
Useful sites to help you with your project:
Click on the following examples to make larger:
- In this portion of the course, students examine the nature of common challenges to adaptive functioning . This section emphasizes formal conventions that guide psychologists’ judgments about diagnosis and problem severity . AP students in psychology should be able to do the following:
- Describe contemporary and historical conceptions of what constitutes psychological disorders .
- Recognize the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association as the primary reference for making diagnostic judgments .
- Discuss the major diagnostic categories, including anxiety and somatoform disorders, mood disorders, schizophrenia, organic disturbance, personality disorders, and dissociative disorders, and their corresponding symptoms .
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of various approaches to explaining psychological disorders: medical model, psychoanalytic, humanistic, cognitive, biological, and sociocultural .
- Identify the positive and negative consequences of diagnostic labels (e .g ., the Rosenhan study) .
- Discuss the intersection between psychology and the legal system (e .g ., confidentiality, insanity defense)